Homelabs Community

Welcome to the Homelabs Community! Let this community be a place to connect with your peers, discuss your Homelab capabilities and share any tips/tricks on how to build the most optimal Homelab.

Access 365-day license keys with VMUG Advantage! VMUG_Adv-Logo-Boomerang.jpg

Latest Discussion Posts

• Hi Tom, I didn't have any trouble getting the file, I've posted it to OneDrive for you to grab. Steve ------------------------------ Steve Wightman System Administrator South Sutton NH ------------------------------

• Is it possible to obtain updated drivers via the VMUG advantage subscription?  Looking for these drivers to resolve a FC issue.   https://my.vmware.com/web/vmware/downloads/details?downloadGroup=DT-ESXI67-EMULEX-LPFC-1242706&productId=742 Thanks, ...

• Hi everyone, I've been playing around with a homelab for a couple of months now, and it's taking up more and more of my time so I figured it was finally time to join. Don't have any specific questions yet but I'm sure that as I get deeper into this, ...

• Profile Picture

RE: New Home Lab

Hi, Same as Paul: I'm using the internal SD cards option for VMware OS. It is definitively a good solution compared to USB sticks (offer redundancy and is probably faster). If your Dells doesn't have a dual internal SD card reader, you can surely find ...

• Profile Picture

RE: New Home Lab

I ended up getting the internal Dell SD card option for mine and using 2x16GB SD cards for my ESXi install/boot, which works well for me. I have an existing UniFi network, so ended up going with Unifi's new Aggregation Switch ($270 for 8 x 10Gb SFP+). ...

Latest Shared Files