Special Interest Home

Latest Discussion Posts

• HI Janelle After 27 years in the tech field, I feel quite lucky that I haven't really run into some of the big issues you have seen, though I definitely see small biases all the time. Lots of assumptions that as the only woman most of the time, that ...

• Very nicely put, Janelle. I was surprised how closely you described my own experience, then realized I should not be surprised at all because it is very common.  Having worked (several) decades in Technology I have come across all types as well.  Luckily ...

• Monica,  I agree with Lindy about the topics. I think this is a great thing to discuss. Having been in the Marine Corps and working for them so long, being in an office with mostly if not all males, I've seen the gamut of situations and personalities. ...

• Thanks Lindy! Love the idea of inclusion also for other under-represented groups in tech! Once we have our foot in the door, it's just good manners to hold it open for the people coming up behind us. I'm still open to additional feedback, but the message ...

• Monica this is great! (BTW...sorry for the delay in responding!)  For the panels that I moderated in 2018 I would also include mentoring, and many of the panels it naturally just went there. It resonated with the audience no matter the gender mix. Many ...

Leadership Team

VMUG Leader
VMware
Blue Prism Software Inc

Latest Shared Files

Either the content you're seeking doesn't exist or it requires proper authentication before viewing.