UK - London VMUG

LonVMUG_Header

Welcome to the #LonVMUG Community group. 

The VMware User Group (VMUG) is an independent, global, customer-led organization, created maximize members' use of VMware and partner solutions through knowledge sharing, training, collaboration, and events.

Join our community to connect with other members and stay up to date with our local London events and the UK UserCon. This community page will help you discover what we have to offer and provide you with access to previous content.

h_bar

Forthcoming LonVMUG events

We meet up three times a year at Tech UK, 10 St Bride Street, London EC4A 4AD. Our three main London events are all set for 2018, so get these dates in to your diary!

We are also cooking up some additional stuff for later in the year, so don't think it's all over before the summer gets underway. VMUG is a global organisation, but specifically, there are also a number of other VMUG groups meeting regularly across the UK and Ireland, so there should be something happening close to you wherever you may be

h_bar

h_bar

The London VMUG team also pull some of the strings behind the UK VMUG UserCon. If you've not attended one of these, here's some content from 2016 to whet your appetite! Watch out for more information on this years UK UserCon later in 2018 (December 13th is our date).

h_bar

Follow us on Social Media

Latest Discussion Posts

• Hello London VMUG Members! Want the opportunity to share your feedback and experience with VMUG? What would you like to see offered and/or improved? More importantly, do you want the chance to win up to $100?! If you said yes to the above questions, ...

• I normally have a minimum of 2 vCPU.  I've found a single vCPU machine can get compromised by a bit of poor software. We had an issue with a bug in Windows 2012R2, where a single vCPU domain controller would effectively fail as a process was incorrectly ...

• I recently had to help a customer to lock in the CPU resources for our Network Emulator product because the hypervisor was over-provisioned.  Our Network Emulator product is real-time, so different to say a database app, because the CPUs cannot usually ...

• Wow never knew I was part of the VMUG London group, heh. VM sizing should be done at the application recommended - most now specify what virtual spec they need. Bare minimum is of course 1 vCPU (and generally 2GB of RAM for Windows). In my experience ...

• Hello all, I have 2 questions out there for you all. For general purpose workload VMs how many vCPU do you assign? Finally what pCPU to vCPU ratio do you generally consider ideal? I know there are no right or wrong answers here but interested to ...

LEADERSHIP TEAM

vINF Consulting Ltd.
Travelers
VMware

Latest Shared Files

Either the content you're seeking doesn't exist or it requires proper authentication before viewing.