UK - London VMUG

LonVMUG_Header

Welcome to the #LonVMUG Community group. 

The VMware User Group (VMUG) is an independent, global, customer-led organization, created maximize members' use of VMware and partner solutions through knowledge sharing, training, collaboration, and events.

Join our community to connect with other members and stay up to date with our local London events and the UK UserCon. This community page will help you discover what we have to offer and provide you with access to previous content.

h_bar

Forthcoming LonVMUG events

We meet up three times a year at Tech UK, 10 St Bride Street, London EC4A 4AD. Our three main London events are all set for 2019, so get these dates in to your diary!
  • Thursday 7th February 2019
  • Thursday 9th May 2019
  • Thursday 11th July 2019

We are also cooking up some additional stuff for later in the year, so don't think it's all over before the summer gets underway. VMUG is a global organisation, but specifically, there are also a number of other VMUG groups meeting regularly across the UK and Ireland, so there should be something happening close to you wherever you may be

h_bar

h_bar

The London VMUG team also pull some of the strings behind the UK VMUG UserCon. If you've not attended one of these, here's some content from 2016 to whet your appetite! Watch out for more information on the 2019 UK UserCon as we head towards the summer. The 2019 event will be held in November at the National Space Centre in Leicester.

h_bar

Follow us on Social Media

Upcoming Events

Latest Discussion Posts

• Profile Picture

RE: SDDC

There's a few tricks to getting vSAN running in a nested environment. Usually  it boils down to making sure the ESXi VMDKs are seen as SSDs and then marking at least one disk per host for the capacity tier by adding a tag.    esxcli vsan storage ...

• Profile Picture

Thanks for your responses, much appreciated.  I setup multiple nested ESXI  Virtual hosts, but for the life of me I can't get VSan to detect the extra virtual drives. I managed to get it working on a physical  host, but not a virtual esxi host.  ...

• Profile Picture

Hi George,  As Alec pointed out, this is definitely possible - in fact we do this all the time internally for training purposes.   When you create the ESXi VMs, you can select ESXi as the guest OS type and this should make all the appropriate VM config ...

• Profile Picture

You 'CAN' nest you ESXi servers to do a kind of inception lab but there are some odd configuration friggs you need to do (if you wanted to fake vSAN).  Also, the bottleneck here will be storage IOPS not RAM if this is on HDDs and not SSD you're gonna ...

• Profile Picture

SDDC

Does the Advantage membership have all the licenses to enable me to setup my own SDDC lab? Additionally, does any know if I can setup an SDDC lab (including Vsan , NSX) using only 1 physical host with 400GB Ram, creating multiple ESXI  hosts as ...

LEADERSHIP TEAM

vINF Consulting Ltd.
Travelers
VMware

Latest Shared Files

Either the content you're seeking doesn't exist or it requires proper authentication before viewing.