Toledo VMUG

Welcome to the Toledo Community group. 

Join to connect with other members and stay up to date on local events. 

Latest Discussion Posts

• Profile Picture

RE: SAN Recommendations

If you require both storage and server refresh I would recommend looking at a hyper converged solution.  In my last job I have had pretty good experience with Nutanix running VMware hypervisor.   ------------------------------ Dan Martin Network Administrator ...

• Dana, We've recently provided comparisons of several major brands of SAN's to our customers.  If you're interested in this information, please let me know and I will have someone reach out to you. ------------------------------ Rob Shick Managing ...

• We are using R640 for general compute ESXi and also SQL ESXi hosts.  For VDI we use R740 with Nvidia GPUs. ------------------------------ Steve Massman Mid-Missouri VMUG Leader ------------------------------

• Profile Picture

RE: SAN Recommendations

Thank you Carl, John and Steve for your input. What servers would you pair with those? I've been asked for a Dell server equivalent. I had spec'd out Dell R740, too. ------------------------------ Dana Rawson Director Gilmore Jasion Mahler Maumee OH ...

• I would suggest looking at Pure Storage.   We have a bunch at my work and love them.  Great support and just went through a live upgrade of the controllers with their Evergreen process. ------------------------------ Steve Massman Mid-Missouri VMUG Leader ...

LEADERSHIP TEAM

Sauder Woodworking Co
Root Inc.
PC Net Techs
Meyer Hill Lynch

Latest Shared Files

Either the content you're seeking doesn't exist or it requires proper authentication before viewing.