The meeting will start at 10:30am and end at 1pm (or earlier).
We are pleased to have the opportunity to learn more about Hashicorp and Horizon the presenting sponsors for this meeting.
The meeting will conclude with a brief VMworld 2020 update as many new announcements were made at the event.
We are going to again attempt to provide lunch during the meeting. We will be ordering from Uber Eats, so please make sure you have an active working account before the meeting starts. Due to budget constraints lunch will only be provided to VMUG members residing in Saskatchewan.
Preliminary Agenda and Schedule:
10:30 Introductions and Overview
10:45 Sponsor Presentation: HashiCorp - A primer around “infrastructure as code” for the VMware community in the Prairies
- Way more than just a Vagrant plugin, our speakers will share how the HashiStack provides many paths to automation:
- How Terraform can help automate tasks related to vSphere builds
- Using HashiCorp Vault to encrypt vSAN environments
- Using HashiCorp Consul in concert with VMware NSX
- General automation ideas, concepts, and opportunities for the future!
11:45 Coffee Break and Prize Draws
12:00 Lunch Served
12:00 Ron Pluchinski Senior Solutions Engineer provides a VMworld 2020 recap
HashiCorp and Horizon