Scotland VMUG - Edinburgh October 26th 2017
Prince Philip Building - Royal College of Surgeons
Nicolson Street - Edinburgh
Keynote speakers -Duncan Epping (VMware)
- Duncan Epping (@duncanyb) is a Chief Technologist in the Office of CTO of the Storage & Availability BU at VMware. He is a VCDX (# 007) and the author of multiple books including "Essential Virtual SAN" and the “vSphere Clustering Technical Deepdive” series.
Chris Wahl (Rubrik)
- Chris Wahl(@chriswahl
) is a Chief Technologist at Rubrik. Published author, tech writer, double VCDX (# 104), PowerShell coder, and Datanauts Show host.
Rawlinson Rivera (Cohesity) – Rawlinson Rivera (@punchingclouds) is the Global Field CTO at Cohesity, previously he spend 10 years at VMware most recently as a Principle Architect in the Office of the CTO for the Storage and Availability Business Unit. Rawlinson is a well-known industry blogger and is also a VCDX (# 86).
Gold - Rubrik & Cohesity
Silver - Asystec & Softcat
Bronze - Capito, IGEL, IOMart & SITS Group
vBeers - IGELSessionsGold Sponsor - Rubrik
Chris Wahl -Rubrik Chief Technologist
My Journey to Full Stack EngineeringGold Sponsor - Cohesity
Rawlinson Rivera - Cohesity Field CTO
Breaking storage silos, quick vCloud Foundation recovery and other magic
Rawlinson Rivera introduces Cohesity and how it can consolidate secondary storage workloads in a single scale-out platform. Rawlinson will also demonstrate how Cohesity can be used to recover vCloud Foundation extremely quickly after disaster.Silver Sponsor – Asystec
Lorne Chedzey – Head of Cloud & Infrastructure Solutions, Asystec
Matthew Sherian – Senior Automation & Solutions Consultant, Asystec
A Real-life example of a customer’s Digital Transformation Journey with Elavon Financial Services
This presentation will firstly share the reason why Elavon required a new platform for Digital transformation. Secondly, why Elavon chose to go with a Dell EMC VXRack SDDC Including VMware Cloud Foundation & VRealize Suite Enterprise. Following this, how Elavon and Asystec approached the design and implementation, and what learnings were to be had from the experience. Finally, now that the solution is deployed, the presentation will also highlight the Day 2 operations benefits and challenges for Elavon, moving from a traditional SAN-Server to Hyper-converged architecture. Silver Sponsor – Softcat
Insider Threat: Building a zero trust infrastructure
A cyber-attack is something that every organisation and IT department dreads. Yet most organisations' approach to defending network infrastructures focuses on prevention, with little or no thought given to alternative methods beyond the first stage, such as damage limitation and recovery. This talk discusses the changing attack methods of threat actors and how infrastructure can be built to resist this.VMware Sessions
- Clive Wenman - VMware Cloud Foundation – the Path to VMware Cloud - Introducing a new way of operating IT, VMware Cloud Foundation is the fastest way to deploy and manage VMware Cloud SDDC, we will take a look at the VMware’s Hybrid Cloud and where VMware Cloud Foundation fits in, then take a deeper look at Cloud Foundations SDDC manager capabilities and architecture.
- Nicolas Vibert - Advanced Programmability and Cloud Security with NSX - Let’s explore how networking and security can be programmed with NSX and tools such as Ansible, PowerCLI and Terraform and let’s have a sneak peek into our brand new “NSX Cloud” feature for enhanced AWS security.
- Darren Hirons - Is desktop security still making you ‘wannacry’? - A deeper look into how the combination of virtual desktops and NSX can help improve your edge security strategy, and also help improve the speed of recovery if something does go wrong. Plus an EUC update from VMworld 2017.
- Lee Dilworth - vSAN 6.6.1 “deep dive” - Lee is the EMEA Practice Lead for Storage and Availability at VMware. He plays a pivotal role helping customers to create secure and scalable storage environments that balance the freedom and control they need with the demands of an organisation looking to digitally transform its operations.
- Robbie Jerrom - VMware PKS and Containers - Following the announcements at VMworld 2017 Robbie Jerrom, VMware CNA specialist explains VMware’s approach to containers at scale.
- Chris Storrie and Sandy Bryce – Real world round table discussing Rubrik and Cohesity
- James Cruickshank – Deploying NSX, the good the bad and the ugly!
- Steven Soave - Admin Overview of IBM Spectrum Protect for Virtual Environments (TSM4VE)
- Katarina Wagnerova – #Katatsea: Delivering IT on a boat
If you’d like to make any suggestions or would consider taking part in a community session please contact us at Scotland@vmug.com
JOIN THE CONVERSATION:
Just email for access