Join us, along with our sponsors Tintri and Rubrik for the upcoming Wisconsin VMUG meeting taking place on Tuesday, April 11th, 2017.
This is a great opportunity to meet with your peers to discuss virtualization trends, best practices, and the latest technology!
- 8:15 Registration: Refreshments provided by our meeting sponsors Rubrik & Tintri
- 8:45 Welcome: by Mike Nelson, WI-VMUG Co-Leader
- 9:00 You can’t do it by yourself: lessons from micro-segmentation with VMware NSX by Ben Bowman, Senior Technical Account Specialist - NSX at VMware
Deploying micro-segmentation has a wide-ranging impact throughout an organization. Success requires coordinating multiple teams, managing work streams and developing organizational awareness. These fundamentals are they key to approaching large-scale brownfield micro-segmentation. In this session we will cover the roll-out of NSX into an enterprise environment, and how to create a segmented data center with care. We start with the lessons learned from “doing things the way we always do,” moving to re-establishing requirements and project goals with a broader perspective, and then examining the benefits gained from a wide audience and a diverse group of stakeholders. Finally, we will explore what happens after the wider audience has been brought into the project. Integrating production applications requires understanding of multiple disciplines and is best understood in a live lab deployment instead of ‘on paper’. A live lab deployment allows us to fully grasp what an application can look like when deployed into a micro-segmented network. Getting hands-on with the technology can also reveal capabilities and consequences that should be considered and analyzed before deploying into production.
- 9:50 Enabling the Enterprise Cloud with Tintri Orchestration and Automation by Scott Sauer, Director, Systems Engineering and Bill Brown, Sr. Systems Engineer at Tintri
- 10:40 Break
- 10:55 Automated vSphere Home Lab Deployment by Heath Johnson, Technical Account Manager at VMware
VMware TAMs and SEs almost all have home labs for testing and learning VMware software. In this session, Heath, a local Madison VMware TAM will share about his home lab and some of the fun nested virtualization tools created by William Lam for building your own nested home lab.
- 11:45 Lunch provided by our meeting sponsors Tintri and Rubrik
- 12:15 Community Presentation: NSX in the Real World by Britton Johnson, Owner and Consultant at Gigabrit
- Britton be presenting my history and experiences with NSX, providing some Use Cases for NSX. I'll also cover what I see as some of its best features and briefly talk about vRealize Network Insight and how it works with NSX. If time allows he will go into an overview of the VCIX-NV exam process.
- 1:05 TBD by John Affatati, Sales Engineer and Josh Howell, Systems Engineer at Rubrik
- 1:55 Ask the Experts: Roundtable Q&A
- 2:35 Wrap-up: Announcements and Drawings
Be sure to share this meeting information with your colleagues, and join the Wisconsin VMUG Community!