Scottish VMUG 2017
Thursday, 20th April, 2017
08:45 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
67 Hope Street
- Zerto – Gold Sponsor
- Presenter : Steve Blow
- Disaster Recovery Evolved
Zerto Virtual Replication (ZVR) 5.0 is the only future-proof, all-in-one replication and recovery solution that makes enterprise-class disaster recovery simple and scalable. ZVR 5.0 utilizes hypervisor-based replication of VM block-level changes, from any storage to any storage, to enable seamless protection of both VMware vSphere and Microsoft Hyper-V environments. With support for both on-premise and cloud-based recovery, ZVR 5.0 enables you to evolve your IT strategy and improve IT resilience by embracing hybrid cloud to day.
- Morpheus Data – Silver Sponsor
- Presenter : James Smith, Morpheus Data
- Carry on CAMPing (Cloud Application Management Platform)
- Public Cloud is changing the way infrastructure and applications can be delivered, but how do you maximise the benefit without introducing just another management headache. Morpheus Data is a full feature cloud management platform that allows you do deploy into any public or private cloud infrastructure at either VM or Container level. As well single instance deployment, Morpheus supports applications stack deployment with application templating and integration into all major automation tools. Once deployed, instances can be monitored, logged and backed up. During the session we will show provisioning of a simple two tier app stack and then deployment of an application onto that stack. We will then look at how we can monitor and control that app through its life cycle.
- Pure Storage / Capito – Silver Sponsor
- Presenter : Eugenio Grosso, Virtualization Solutions Architect, EMEA, Pure Storage
- Flash Cloud
- FlashArray & FlashBlade at a glance
- Pure VMware APIs for Array Integration
- Pure vRealize Automation and Orchestrator plugins
- Pure vRealize Operations Manager
- Pure vRealize Log Insight
- Pure vCenter Site Recovery Manager
- Pure VMTurbo Integration
- Meeting Highlights
- Joe Baguely – VMware CTO – Keynote - VMware strategy including some glimpses into the future
- Adrian Hornsby – AWS Evangelist - Top 5 AWS Services that you will want to integrate with the VMware Cloud on AWS!
- Community Sessions
- Alex Galbraith – AWS for VMware Admins: An Introduction and a few things we’ve learned along the way
- Napier University NSX case study
- Brian Gerrard feat. Rebecca Fitzhugh (VCDX#243) – VMware Design methodologies and VCAP design
- James Kilby – Real world Nutanix
- Community Round Tables
- vSphere 6.5 - Paul Nottard & Vern Bolinius - What’s New and Cool. A review of new and useful features and functionality within vSphere 6.5
- Horizon Cloud, On Premise or Both – Jonathon Darcy & Simran Arora - This presentation will cover VMware’s mobility solutions including how we can deliver just in time application, persona, identity and endpoint management whether on premise or from the cloud
- Cloud native apps- Kubernetes . The What, Why and How – Nick Kenny - When supporting new applications that require the kubernetes framework there are various choices. This session will explain the various options and considerations from an infrastructure perspective.
- Operationalizing NSX – Atif Qadeer & Seema Shad - Get converged visibility across overlay and underlay, virtual and physical, private and public cloud. Integration with virtual (NSX) and physical layers (physical switches, routers, firewalls) connect the dots across vendors and cloud leading to plan micro segmentation.
- vRealize Automation, SRM and Puppet- Mark Brookfield - Automate All The Things! vRealize Automation, SRM and Puppet –
In this session, we offer “Site Recovery as a Service” with vRealize Automation, and show how Puppet can also be used with vRA to reduce configuration drift. This is a technical deep-dive with a hands-on demo… hold tight!
Big Thanks to our Meeting Sponsors
5pm -7pm at the nearby Bavaria Brauhaus for vBeers - join us for a beer or 2 sponsored by IGEL
30 Bothwell Street,
VMUG WIKI - http://wiki.vmug.com
Scotland VMUG workspace - www.vmug.com/scotland
Next VMUG – Edinburgh, November.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org when you have any questions about registration.