NJ VMUG Virtual Professional Development Event

When:  Jul 16, 2020 from 9:00 AM to 1:00 PM (ET)
Associated with  New Jersey VMUG
Greetings!

Our next New Jersey VMware User Group Event will be another virtual one!  This event is focused around Professional Development.  

This event is sponsored by:
Zerto_Logo_Red_Web.png
Today's presenters:

Lizz Torres
Education Sales Assoc, VMware
Lizz_Torres.jpg
BIO:
My name is Lizz Torres. I am from a small town in Illinois where I started my career as a teacher. After a year I made the move to Texas to teach. I taught for a total of 5 years before making the change to IT Sales. I now focus on aligning the appropriate training needed for companies to get up to speed with the business. I would say I combined the best of both worlds as I still get to focus on the importance of education.  

Abstract:
  1. Why Training is Critical to business outcomes
  2. VMware Education and the impact on your success
  3. I will go through the current Certification Tracks

Nick Scuola
Solutions Engineer, Zerto
Nick_Scuola.jpg
BIO:
Nick Scuola is a Senior Solutions Engineer for Strategic Accounts here at Zerto. Prior to joining the Zerto ranks, Nick worked at several large and small organizations giving him a unique blend of experience across multiple industries and job functions.
Nick is also a United States Marine Corps veteran having served in Kuwait and Iraq during Operation Enduring/Iraqi Freedom.
Nick was selected as an inaugural VMware vExpert PRO for his contributions to the virtualization community. Nick has also been awarded the title of vExpert for 4 years running and has served as a co-leader of the VMware User Group (VMUG) in New York City.
Connect with Nick on social media:
Twitter –
@NScuola
LinkedIn – NicholasScuola
Blog –
spookysolutions.com
vExpert Directory Listing –
vexpert.vmware.com/directory/1453

Abstract:
Sometimes the best approach to solving business challenges is a technical approach. Other times, the best approach to solving technical challenges is a business approach. In today's changing landscape, the most successful IT professionals can do either. When the way that your business operates is considered during the technical design process, your solutions will be built to perform, enhance company revenue, and provide a reliable and enjoyable experience for your customers. When you adopt a business mindset in IT, your career will reap the benefits. I'll share some of my own experiences that will help you in your day to day activities as well as your own professional development, regardless of your role in the world of information technology."

Michael Fleisher
Enterprise Solutions Engineer, VMware
Michael_Fleisher.jpg
BIO:
Michael Fleisher is a VMware Enterprise Solutions Engineer based outside of Philadelphia.  Prior to VMware, he worked for several years as a Global VMware Architect for a large enterprise in South Jersey and then spent a year working for a VMware Partner in Philadelphia.  His specialties include: vSphere w/ Kubernetes, Scripting/Automation, and Networking.  Outside of work, he enjoys homelabbing, home brewing and all things Pearl Jam.

Abstract:
In this session, I will walk you through my journey from a VMware customer, to a VMware Partner, through to my job now as a VMware Solutions Engineer.  I will discuss building your personal brand, how to build your network within the IT field (VMUG, VMUG, VMUG!) and what steps you can take to get yourself started.  No matter where you are in your career, this session will give you a view of steps I took to advance myself and will give you steps you can take to better yourself.  Please come join me on recollecting my journey and how you can take steps toward your next big career move!

Paula Kurtzman
Sr Recruiter & Account Manager, Friedman Williams
Paula_Kurtzman.jpg
BIO:

Paula has over 20 years of corporate recruiting and agency staffing experience with an expertise in sourcing and placing top talent across multiple verticals. Throughout her career, Paula has supported various talent initiatives in industries to include Information Technology, Advertising, Publishing and Media.  She is highly skilled in career coaching and placement , resume writing, personal branding and helping others with their career exploration.

She is a graduate of the University of Hartford where she received a Bachelor’s in Human Resources and Psychology. Her post graduate education includes courses in Human Resource Management at Cornell University School of Business and Labor Management and Career Planning and Development at NYU School of Continuing and Professional Studies. She is passionate about career development, technology and all things digital. Paula enjoys spending time with her family and exploring all the exciting things New York City has to offer.

Abstract:

During our session Paula Kurtzman will cover hot topics on how to effectively land a new job. She will cover best practices for conducting an effective job search in todays job market  and provide resume and LinkedIn tips to showcase your IT experience.

Giveaways:
Zerto will be raffling off a pair of Apple Air Pod Pros

Agenda: 
  9:00am - Registration
  9:15am - Welcome & Housekeeping
  9:30am - VMware Education: The Importance of Training & Certification
10:00am - Zerto - Nick Scuola: "Upgrade your Technical Skills using a Business Approach"
11:00am - BREAK
11:15am - Michael Fleisher - "From Customer, to Partner, to VMware: I Did It and You Can Too"
12:00pm - Paula Kurtzman - "How to Effectively Land a New Job"
12:20pm - Giveaways & Closing Remarks

The Zoom Link will be sent about 1 hour prior to the event starting.  You can email NJ@VMUG.COM or send us a DM on twitter (@NJ_VMUG) if you don't get the zoom link by 8am. 

We ask that questions for the speakers be posted in the Zoom Chat and not asked.  Everyone will be muted upon entry to the event.  

Everyone is encouraged to turn on your webcams for the event!  Since we can't gather in person, lets meet virtually, face to face! :) 

Online Instructions:
Url: http://zoom.com
Login: The ZOOM Link & PW will be emailed prior to the event.
Event Image

Contact

NJ VMUG

nj@vmug.com