Dear VMUG Members,
We are very pleased to announce our next virtual event of 2020, Please find the below agenda and reserve your seat.
On March 10th, 2020 VMware announced vSphere 7, the biggest vsphere release in a decade. The first of the vSphere 7 features is vSphere with Kubernetes. vSphere has been transformed in order to support both VMs and containers. Tanzu Kubernetes Grid Service is how customers can run fully compliant and conformant Kubernetes with vSphere. vSphere with Kubernetes helps the vsphere admin maintain your status as the provider of stable, secure, proven infrastructure for new age workloads. In your meetings with developers you can show them that you can provide a fully conformant Kubernetes cluster running on a platform that already meets the company’s business needs and requirements. Little things like backups, compliance mandates, security scans, disaster recovery and customer support that some “forget” about when rushing to implement the new hotness.
Date of Event - 30 June 2020, 07:00 PM Doha Time
07:00 PM - Introductions and Overview – QATAR VMUG Leaders
07:05 PM -
- vSphere 7.0 with Kubernetes
- Tanzu Kubernetes Guest Clusters
- Deploy native Kubernetes pods on ESXi
- Deploy Kubernetes Guest Cluster
- Deploy pods/apps in the Guest Cluster
- Admin and Dev personas and interaction with the tools (vSphere Client and kubectl)
- Deploying apps from KubeApps (Bitnami Community Edition)
- Deploying apps from Tanzu App Catalog
- Tanzu Service Mesh
- Tanzu Observability (Wavefront integration with Kubernetes)
- Tanzu Mission Control
- Octant GUI for DevOps
- NSX for Kubernetes networking/load balancing
08:30 PM - Q&A Session
Zahoor Alam - Specialist Systems Engineer, VMware
Specialist Systems Engineer for Cloud Management Platform, Software-Defined Data Center (SDDC), Kubernetes, DevOps, IaC.