Eligibility: Any end-user member of VMUG in good standing may nominate themselves or fellow members to serve on the VMUG Board of Directors.
Review: All applications will be reviewed by the Nominations Committee. Upon close of the call for nominations, candidates will be contacted by the committee regarding any next steps.
VOTE TODAY: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/PS8BZ69
The following nominees will be considered for the 2021 VMUG Board of Directors:
1. Dave Sandberg, USA (incumbent)
2. Brenda K. Emerson, USA
3. Tamecka McKay, USA
4. Martin Campbell, UK
5. Sumanth Kumar Gadige, India
VOTING CLOSES: Sunday, August 30, 2020
Should you have any questions, please contact VMUG Headquarters at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Board Responsibilities and Position Descriptions
The VMUG Board’s obligation to its members is to govern with a style that emphasizes outward vision, encouragement of diversity in viewpoints, strategic leadership, collective decisions, and future focus.
VMUG Board Positions
VMUG Board Member Position Description
Below are the roles and responsibilities of the positions include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Attend all Board meetings and calls
- Be informed about VMUG’s mission, services, policies, and programs
- Support the decisions of the Board in public (speak with one voice)
- Make decisions that reflect the concerns of the membership as a whole
- Engage independent legal counsel in VMUG matters requiring such expertise
- Review agenda and supporting materials prior to Board and committee meetings
- Serve on and attend committee meetings as necessary and offer to take on special assignments
- Suggest possible nominees to the Board who can make significant contributions to the work of the Board and VMUG
- Follow conflict of interest and confidentiality policies
- Refrain from making unreasonable requests of the staff
- Assist the Board in carrying out its fiduciary responsibilities and exercising financial stewardship and good business judgment in all VMUG affairs
- Assist the Board in the orientation of new Board Members about the VMUG mission, services, and policies
For any other information please contact email@example.com.